- Remove green cap.
- Soak clay cone in water for about 15 minutes.
- Fill the clay cone with water.
- Press the cap on the completely full clay cone.
- Insert the Blumat into the soil near the roots. The clay cone must be completely under the soil.
- Place the tube in a water container. Ready!
Tip: It is best to attach the cap when the tube is already in the water container. Then most of the air is pushed out of the tube and the watering starts faster.
The water level in the water container is the same or slightly lower than the green Blumat cap.
This is the ideal position, water is dispensed according to the degree of moisture in the soil. Water discharge is approx.
75 ml / 24 h or 125 ml / 24 h (XL)
The water level in the water container is significantly lower than the green Blumat cap.
Watering is dispensed according to the degree of moisture in the soil. As the roots need more energy to draw in water, water discharge reduces to approx.
50 ml / 24 h or 75 ml / 24 h (XL)
The water level in the water container is higher than the green Blumat cap.
This positioning allows water to flow from the container into the cone, the Blumat Classic therefore constantly discharges water even if the soil is moist enough. The water discharge can amount to up to
150 ml / 24 h, or 200 ml / 24h (XL)