Natural Self Watering - XL
- Value Pack with 4 'Carrots'
- Simple & effective watering system for larger potted plants
- Each cone delivers approx 125mL/24h
- Requires no timers or power source
- Delivers the perfect amount of water
- Will not over-water
- Ideal for holidays & all year round 24/7
- Suitable for medium to large plants
What is included:
- 4 Blumat Extra Large Clay cones
- 4 Extra Large Stoppers with water feeding tube attached
- Plant and water bowls not included
The Blumat system supplies plants with water directly through porous clay cones- the surrounding soil, when dry, draws moisture out of the cone. Water then re-fills the cone from the adjacent reservoir.
Prerequisite for correct operation is a lower or equal water level in the reservoir. A limited capacity for transporting water is designed to meet the needs of indoor plants, two different cone sizes allow for a better fit according to the plant's requirements.
Larger plants require more Blumat drippers in order to provide sufficient water. If the system is planned for long term use, it will be necessary to refill the water supply container on a regular basis.
How does Blumat for Houseplants actually work?
When functioning correctly, the dispensed water is drawn in through the tube. The water level in the Blumat Classic remains virtually unchanged. Keep the water container topped up. If the water container is empty, the Blumat will also have to be refilled.
Long-term watering: It is best to use opaque containers as this prevents algae growth. In addition, water the plants every 4-6 weeks with a watering can.
Maintenance: Blumat will last longer if it is thoroughly cleaned once a year. Open the Blumat and lay both parts in warm water for about five minutes. Then press the cap on firmly several times under water to flush any impurities out of the tube. Clean inside the cone with a small brush and sand down the outside with sandpaper.